Our programming is diverse and intended to appeal to a wide range of interests. Whether you graduated several months ago or several decades ago, we should have something of interest for you... And if you have a special request, just let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org! Here is a sampling of what you can expect from us on a regular basis:
· Crimson Eggs and Ham... And Entrepreneurship!!! - If you are an entrepreneur or someone interested in discussing innovations that you can apply to your career, join us for breakfast! It is an informal opportunity to meet, drink some morning coffee, and share ideas and contacts with other HCOP members. We meet on the first Friday of every month at 7:15 AM at The Princetonian Diner, 3509 US Highway 1, Princeton, NJ.
· Annual Spring and Fall Banquets - The title almost says it all. Here is the rest... Each spring and fall we feature a Harvard professor or a distinguished guest who enlightens and entertains us with their insights and showmanship. It is like being back in class without having to be concerned about a grade. These events occur at the The Nassau Club, 6 Mercer Street, Princeton, NJ.
· Tailgating at the Harvard vs Princeton Football Game - The Tigers call it the Princeton vs Harvard game, but what do they know? We certainly know how to tailgate and a cross section of all Club members and guests enjoy great food and refreshment before cheering on the Crimson at the The Big Game. It all happens at Powers Field at Princeton Stadium in Princeton, NJ.
· Annual Wine Tasting Competition - Did you hear us say "competition"? Yes! The cost of admission is two bottles of your favorite wine priced below a specified reasonable threshold. Upon your arrival, the label on the first bottle is covered with a number and uncorked. The second bottle is set aside. Then everyone blindly samples all the wines and votes for their favorite by number. Remember those "second bottles"? They become the prizes for the individuals who brought first, second, and third place winners! Check the website for this season's date and venue.
· "All Ivy" Barbecue & The Jersey Cup "Beer Pong" Tournament - It is an "All Ivy" family-themed barbecue for individuals of all ages with a swimming pool and old-fashioned summer backyard games such as three-legged sack races, a water balloon toss, et cetera. The event is catered with all the foods and refreshments necessary for a successful barbecue. In the evening, teams from each Ivy League institution defend their school's honor in The Jersey "Beer Pong" Cup Tournament!!! We hold this event each year at various locations on the last Saturday of June.
· Global Networking Nights - We support this important Harvard initiative by organizing such events each January and June in downtown Princeton. The venues and the specific dates for these gatherings vary, but the quality of the contacts always remains beyond compare. Watch your email or check our website for the latest information regarding these important events.
· Triumph Brewery Tour and Beer Tasting - Our annual Fall Beer Tasting event includes a tour of Triumph's brewery, a tasting of their finest beers, and light appetizers. We also use this occasion as an opportunity to collect food items for local food pantries in anticipation of the Thanksgiving holiday to help those who are in need. This event is a recurring favorite for many Club members and occurs every fall at the Triumph Brewery and Restaurant, 138 Nassau Street, Princeton, NJ.
· "A Christmas Carol" Christmas Party - Each year we enjoy a performance of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol at McCarter Theater preceded by a holiday party consisting of catered delights, festive music, and special entertainment. Fezziwig, one of the characters in A Christmas Carol, is known for "throwing the best holiday party in London". He also throws a great party for THCOP members right here in Princeton at the McCarter Theater Center, 91 University Place, Princeton, NJ.
· Canoeing and Kayaking - Do you enjoy the great outdoors? Then join us while we canoe and kayak on the Delaware River several times each season. We organize and design these outings to be interesting for the experienced paddler and simultaneously safe and welcoming for novices and "first timers". Need equipment? We can help get you outfitted. Meanwhile, check the website for dates and details concerning upcoming trips.
· All Ivy Ski/Snowboard Weekend - Our destination for the winter of 2012/2013 was Lake Placid, New York which hosted the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics. Alumni from several Ivy League schools enjoyed world-class skiing on one of the biggest mountains in the East and superb snowboarding in a giant terrain park. We traveled from Princeton by private motor coach stocked with food, snacks, and plenty of adult refreshments. Where will we go in 2013/2014? The quaint New England village of Stowe, Vermont. Watch your emails and this website for details.
· Master Chef Class & Dinner - When a professional chef guides HCOP foodies in the preparation of a complete gourmet meal from appetizer to entrée with a side dish to dessert, the results are spectacular... And then everyone enjoys the finished meal at a communal table. Whether you are a seasoned chef or best known for making reservations, this is guaranteed to be a fun and delicious experience!
· Wait! Wait! There's More!!! - We also perform volunteer work, interview Harvard applicants, maintain a scholarship fund, present a lecture series, organize bicycle tours, go to hockey and basketball games, attend cultural events... The list goes on... Our event calendar represents a dynamic program which is constantly changing, so watch your email and/or check this website for the latest information.